This project is read-only.

What is the current development status?

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Hi!

Rather recently, while working on a small script for a project that makes strong use of unit testing, I ran across mention of PSUnit on stackoverflow.  What a pleasant surprise!  Download and setup following the blog posts was fairly simple even though it could have been even easier as a module.  The tie in to the PS ISE was nice too.

There are a few things that need to be fixed for the next release, if there is one.  So, my question is, was this a passing itch that needed to be scratched, and now the project is out there for someone else to pick up, or is there a continued effort to improve it?

Some of the things that would be nice to see are:

• PowerGUI integration
  • Restructure as a module
  • $Actual as $null
  • Failing tests the fail to throw.

Thanks for reading,

Thell

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Hi Thell,

thanks for your feedback. The project is actively maintained and there is a continued effort to improve it. I am using the framework in my daily scripting work and the base set of features satisfies my need at the moment. This is basically the reason why there aren't frequent checkins or releases.

As you mentioned the number 1 todo item is to make the deployment easier by using a module.

I haven thought about the PowerGUI integration, but it makes a lot of sense considering its adoption in the field.

The $Actual as $Null problem seems to be tricky using the generic "contraint" approach for evaluating asserts.I haven't found a solution yet.

Your fourth bullet point I don't quite understand. Can you give me some more details about it?

Klaus

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Ah, sorry about that Klaus, point #4 should have stated "Fail tests that fail to throw."  I opened an issue on it:

http://psunit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3327

Great news that it is actively being developed and maintained!  It sure is helping me with my PS dev.  I'm visit #Powershell on IRC rather frequently and was surprised that others in the channel had not heard of PSUnit even though quite a few hard-core Powershell users and MVPs hang out in there.  I highly recommend stopping in and letting them know about your nice software.

Unfortunately, I don't see the PowerGUI people in there, but did notice you twitter frequently and so do they, so that may be a good channel of communication regarding integration.

Thell