PSUnit inside the NUnit runner

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Up until now I've been using NUnit to write my PowerShell tests by hosting PowerShell inside a NUnit fixture and then executing commands there and verifying the results. This is far from ideal and I'm glad that PSUnit is coming out soon so I can use it. Problem is, I've got quite a lot of tests already in NUnit exercising a c# DLL. It would be nice to see all of the tests in a single place. Can I suggest a wrapper for PSUnit for running inside NUnit so that the green bar works for native NUnit tests and for PSUnit tests. That way I can run all of my tests at the same time without having to open a number of different programs.

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2009 at 6:38 AM

This is a great idea. I was thinking the other way around: Executing NUnit test assemblies as part of the PSUnit test run.

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Supporting NUnit test runner also means that you automatically get all of the IDE support that NUnit has managed to build up too in Visual Studio from the tools like ReSharper and the like.

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM

If you want to see a real world example you can see how I did my testing without PSUnit on the timetag project... the code is here: http://code.google.com/p/timetag/

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I'll check it out. I am kind a curious, because I am working on some scripts in a kind of related domain: Weather Station Data.